VEGAN BREAKFAST TOAST
By Michelle S. Nutritionist
Toast to your loved one’s health this Valentine’s Day with these easy-to-make breakfast toasts!
- 2 tbsp hazelnut spread
- 2 tbsp nut butter spread
- 2 slices gluten-free bread
- 1 banana
- Handful of strawberries
- Handful of blueberries
- Toast the gluten-free bread to your liking.
- While the bread is toasting, wash the strawberries and blueberries, then peel the banana.
- Cut the strawberries and bananas into heart shapes, and set aside.
- Once the toast is ready, cover one slice with the hazelnut spread and the other with the nut butter.
- Lovingly arrange the fruit on your toast.
- Share and enjoy!
VALENTINE’S JUICE SHOTS
Gluten-Free / Dairy-Free/ Vegan /Vegetarian / Raw / Paleo
By Les V. Purista
This deep red love potion made with antioxidant- and nutrient-rich beet powder will have your partner falling in love all over again!
Method 1: Juicer
- 1 large red delicious, gala, or yellow delicious apple
- 1 medium beet
- 1 1″ cube of fresh ginger
- Juice all ingredients
- Serve in a chilled two-ounce shot glass
Method 2: Blender
- Blend all ingredients for 1 minute.
- Strain pulp using a fine mesh strainer.
- Serve in a chilled two-ounce shot glass.
GLUTEN-FREE BERRY ALMOND BARS
By Stephanie F. Purista
These bars are fresh and wholesome, tart and tangy, with just the right amount of sweetness!
For the crust:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp. tapioca flour
- 2 tbsp. beet sugar
- 2 tbsp. melted coconut oil
- Pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted almonds
- 1 tbsp. tapioca flour
- 1/4 tsp. pink Himalayan salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 5 tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 1 organic egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 1 cup chopped raspberries
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a square 8×8 pan with parchment paper and grease with melted coconut oil.
- In a clean bowl pour in all crust ingredients and mix well.
- Press crust firmly into pan with hands.
- Using a food processor, grind the almonds with tapioca flour and salt.
- Then add the coconut oil and beat until it dissolves with the mixture.
- Add the egg, vanilla and almond extracts, and the honey and mix until you form a paste.
- Toss the fruits with the lemon juice and top the paste with them.
- Bake for 40-46 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let it cool before serving.
- Cut into small squares and store any leftovers in the refrigerator.